Thursday, April 14, 2011

whoops! That Wednesday snuck by me...

...all day I kept thinking that I was forgetting something. Um, WIP-it Wednesday, perhaps? I finally remembered this morning.

Not that I had much to report or show for my WIPs.
  • I have not worked on Turquoise Trail in a week.
  • I had to rip out 5 rows of the Blue Whale shawl because my rice stitch area magically transformed itself to a ribbing area. Rats! That's what happens when you knit a  project at night with poor lighting and you fall asleep in the middle of a row!
  • I have decided that I need to frog the Beets Go On socks because I just don't like the way the cuffs look where I had to join the yarn for those mysterious yarn breaks. (I still think one of the cats decided the color looked yummy and chewed through both strands. Um, Tica, you are the prime suspect!) I'm going to start these over again with the longer yardage. If I need to, I'll used the shorter yardage for the toes...joining won't be as evident there.
  • The commission quilt is on hold while I finalize the design for the back. I want to get this done before we leave for the Daughter's graduation at the end of May.
  • The wall hanging is progressing, but I can't show you any pictures yet. I want Jane to see it first!
One thing I have been neglecting is updating my project book. In March 1999, I started writing down the projects I worked on during the month...this was before my Filemaker Pro project database, website, blog, and Ravelry. The first year or so, I only tracked the months where I had something in progress or I finished something. There's a gap between Dec 1999 and Jun 2000 when I was working on two large quilts simultaneously.

When I started posting recaps on the blog, it occurred to me that I could print that info and paste it into the journal so I wouldn't have to do double work. Yes, I did consider not keeping the journal anymore, but it's nice to be able flip through the pages and see how much I've accomplished and see how my interests have progressed. It's also nice to have it in an easier-to-read form, because my handwriting is terrible!



Anyway, I'm behind several months. So yesterday I grabbed all the information, put it into a FrameMaker template I created for them, and printed them out. At lunchtime, I used scrapbooking adhesive to paste them in. That finished one WIP...yay!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...