Friday, May 13, 2011

Eye Candy Friday, kinda-sorta

...it's been an odd week. I've spent most of it migrating my work stuff to a new Mac. Today I'm reinstalling applications and migrating my work projects from one Windows machine to another. Right now I have 4 computers in my office. It's just a little crowded in here!!

I don't have much in the way of Eye Candy today. Pictures of green fruit aren't nearly as interesting as ripe fruit, and that's what we have in the yard right now. I could take pictures of the roses, but you've already seen those a few times.

There's always that old fallback, clouds. I never get tired of these pictures. I simply need to remember to take pictures before I leave for the gym rather than waiting for when I return. The light is much better at 6:15am than it is at 7am.

May morning

The only flower pictures I have are of the Mother's Day arrangement that the Daughter gave me:

Mother's Day flowers

It's from a different florist than we usually use, and that's a good thing. It is a very different combination of flowers and greenery in a flat, green container—very Asian-inspired. It really brightened my day. :)

Up this weekend: I need to finish machine-quilting the commissioned quilt. I'm part way there and I think I can finish it over the next two days. The next step is to square off the edges and sew on the binding. Then comes the time consuming part: finishing the binding on the back and clean up all the loose threads. This is my primary project for the weekend (that and grocery shopping).

Just 10 more days before the Daughter's graduation in Baltimore. We are really looking forward to it!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...