Friday, May 06, 2011

Eye Candy Friday...

...I'm glad the week's almost over!  For some reason, it just seemed to drag on and on. I've been doing some research of HR topics and other things for work and I think that made the days seem really long.

Anyway, on to the eye candy. The pickings are a little slim this week, mostly be cause the garden is in an in-between state again. The fruit blossoms have dropped and the new fruit is very small and green. Other plants are still seedlings with little to show but leaves. Here's what I found today:

Hibiscus

The flowers haven't opened yet, but they are still very pretty at this state.

I took a few pictures of the green berries in the front yard. None of the pictures are what I'd classify "Eye Candy," but this picture is interesting.

Snacking on a berry

It wasn't until I reviewed my pictures in iPhoto that I realized I had caught a bug on the berry. Not exactly eye candy...oh, well!

Up this weekend: My number one priority is the commissioned quilt. It's pin basted, but I'm not entirely pleased with the alignment of the back and the front. I may need to redo this. Part of the issue is that it's 64" x 72", making it difficult to wrestle into place. I need to consider my options before redoing the pin basting.

Other than that, I might spin a little and knit a little. Oh, and calling my mother on Sunday! I've already arranged for flowers to be delivered on Saturday so she has them for Sunday. The Daughter is making the reservations for our Mother's Day brunch/lunch and I'm looking forward to that.
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...