Monday, May 16, 2011

it's a Monday and I'm posting...

...woo hoo!   Well, I'm posting only because I'm waiting for software to download or install on my new Windows PC. Adobe stuff takes a long time to download the EXE files and then a long time to get the patches. Between this and my Mac, I;ve been downloading and updating software for a week.

My office looks like Computer Central and is a disaster area:


(L-R: Windows laptop, iMac Mac Mini and monitor, stacks of software to install, and Windows 7 laptop and its monitor.) I can't wait to get back to some semblance or order and get my desk space back!

I didn't get as much done over the weekend as I wanted. I just couldn't get motivated on Saturday. I ended up just doing laundry and doing a little housework. Mid afternoon, I gave up on the idea of quilting and decided to rescue a Merino-Angora top that had felted a little. I managed to get the majority of it drafted and then spun it on the wheel. I had already spun some on the spindle, but decided that faster and "done" was better than letting it sit and possibly completely felt. It felt good to get back to the wheel.

On Sunday I managed to get most of the machine quilting done for the commissioned piece. I also prepped the design for the machine quilting pattern I'll use in the border. I kept the quilting pretty simple to the main area to make the colors pop more. I should be able to finish the border quilting this coming weekend.

I did a little knitting while I watched Game of Thrones and In Plain Sight last night. Section 3 on the Blue Whale shawl is very slow. Each row is taking longer and longer to do. I've got about 13 of 18 inches completed. The back of my Seaweed sweater is coming along nicely I've completed 4 pattern repeats completed. I think I need to do at least 3 more before I can start the sleeves.

Alright, back to work...my download is finished (finally) and I can install the next Adobe product. Back with WIPs on Wednesday!
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...