Wednesday, May 04, 2011

WIP-it Wednesday and hello May...

...April sure flew by!

I managed to post my April recap, but didn't post anything else...that's how Mondays have been lately!

So the quick weekend report:
  • I finished the wall hanging and mailed it on Monday. Yay!
  • I finished the back of my commissioned quilt and will pin it tomorrow. Yay #2!
  • I attended our Spin-In, which was held at the Sunnyvale Art Gallery cafe. This was a nice place to meet and very close to home.
I decided not to take my wheel to Spin-In because my knee was acting up. I rode my bike to the gym on Friday (the first time in several months) and I don't think it was happy about that. Anyway, I took my spindle and some fiber I bought at A Verb for Keeping Warm's booth at Stitches West. The fiber is a Merino-Yak-Silk blend and is a lovely purple:

Royale yarn, in progress

I'm winding the single onto half a paper towel tube when I fill the spindle. At some point I may move this over to the wheel just because spinning on the wheel is a bit faster. We'll see how it goes.

I managed to knit a few more rows on both the Seaweed sweater and the Blue Whale shawl. So lots of time working on WIPs this weekend, but only one finish. I really need to finish something else otherwise I'm going to get bored, which always leads to a raging case of Start-itis!
.

1 comment:

Elf said...

OOooh, beautiful color. I always did love looking at fabrics and yarns and such, and though I dabbled in various sewing & crafty things, never got me that excited. But I still love looking!

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...