Monday, June 06, 2011

another short work week...

...I'm off on Thursday and Friday to go to my nephew's high school graduation. It's an over-night trip and I'm flying solo on this one.  He lives by my Mom so I'll be able to spend some time with her.

Spin-In was great, as always. I started a Merino-Bamboo-Seacell top from Creatively Dyed called Isonzo [Ravelry]. It's 8 ounces and will take some time to spin.

I finished knitting the Blue Whale Shawl. It doesn't look like much right now. as it still needs blocking:

Blue Whale Shawl, unblocked

I ran out of handspun just before the seed stitch border. I used another yarn from A Verb For Keeping Warm in their Floating line, called Indigo Blue Sky. It's little lighter that the handspun, but I'm OK with it.

I did not get much accomplished on the quilt, but there is a little progress. I need to re-pin the borders before I do the decorative border quilting. I'll need to fins a large space to do that...it's on hold until I can do that.

Lots to do at work in the next three days, so I better get to it!
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...