Friday, June 24, 2011

last Eye Candy Friday for June...

...can't wait for this day to be over!

First eye candy: some pretty little flowers called Society Garlic.

Society Garlic

Next, ripe Blenheim apricots:

Ripe Blenheim Apricots

and a close up:

Cut Blenheim apricot

These are so sweet and juicy!

And finally, we have cherries from CJ Olson's stand, a fixture here in Sunnyvale CA.

CJ Olson's Cherries

We look forward to them every year. They are the best cherries ever!

CJ Olson's Cherries, close up

Up this weekend: Finish the border quilting for the commissioned quilt—I will not be derailed this time! I really need to work on something else!

I'm working on the last inch of the sleeve for my Seaweed sweater back. I've discovered that I make much better progress when the pattern tells me how many pattern repeats or rows to knit. I really don't like knitting to "x" inches because I never get the same measurements twice!

Anyway, if I finish the border quilting, I think I'll treat myself by warping my loom. I've been dreaming of weaving lately...
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...