Tuesday, June 28, 2011

random Tuesday....

...because I really don't have much else.
  1. Monday posts are getting harder and harder to do. Most of the day is gone by the time I can even think about posting. So I'm going to give myself a break and just post on Tuesday when Monday escapes me.

  2. I finished all of the machine sewing for the commissioned quilt. YAY! Now I just have to bury threads and do the hand-sewing on the binding. Oh, yeah, and come up with a label.  I really need to get this done soon even though I have 2 weeks before it goes to its new owner because...

  3. Tour de Fleece starts Saturday! After I finished the machine part of the quilt, I spent some time stash diving. Originally, I was going to spin anything with a Southwestern name, like Taos and Navajo Turquoise, but I haven't found Taos yet and I found only 2 other bumps of fiber with SW names. However, I have found a bunch of fiber with river, forest, and meadow names, so I've switched themes. I'm almost ready to go!
     
  4. I finished knitting the back of my Seaweed Cardigan  [Ravelry] and started working on the front pieces. I'm knitting both the right and left at the same time in the hope that my tension is the same for both.The sweater's looking a little narrow and drawn-in, so I hope blocking it will make it relax a bit.
  5. We picked all of the apricots this weekend. They were pretty ripe. The Husband made apricot nectar and froze it. Now we can pull a container out and enjoy it on a hot summer day.
My goal is to post a picture of Turquoise Trail tomorrow so you can see my progress for WIP-it Wednesday.
.

    No comments:

    WIP-it Wednesday...

     ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...