Friday, July 15, 2011

Eye Candy Friday and Tour de Fleece...

...I had a good day yesterday. I ran one errand and then enjoyed a nice Starbucks latte with my breakfast.

I dove right into the quilt and got about half of the binding hand sewn before my fingertips gave out. At least I didn't prick myself this time!

Tour de Fleece, Day 12 and 13: I managed to spin for an hour on Wednesday night. Yesterday, I had hoped to finish the Forest Afternoon singles, but after hand sewing on the quilt, my hands could only take so much. I have spun about 3 of the 4 oz. in the bump. Here's what it looks like now:

Forest Afternoon as of 7/15

I think I can finish the singles today. However the highest priority is the quilt, so keep your fingers crossed!

For today's Eye Candy Friday, we have an eggplant blossom:

Eggplant Blossom

...a ripening strawberry:

Ripening strawberry

...and Asiatic lilies. They finally bloomed!

Asiatic Lily with pollen

Light play on an Asiatic lily

I first took pictures of these as spiky-leaved plants when we didn't know what they were. Now they are just gorgeous. I took so many pictures of these! I uploaded a couple more in Flickr, so take a look there if you want to see more.

Up this weekend: Design and print a label for the quilt.

The Husband comes home this weekend after his trip to Washington state. I'm glad he'll be home...I do miss him just a bit. :-) But I can't lie, it's been nice having some time to myself.

When I'm not running errands or doing a few chores, iI will be spinning for Tour de Fleece. (No I'm not tires of it yet!)
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...