Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Tour de Fleece, day 4...

... for the next 3 weeks I'm going to show my Tour de Fleece progress/accomplishments in lieu of WIP-it Wednesdays.

I took my wheel to Craft Night and spun instead of working on my needlepoint. I debated whether to ply the Mountain Meadow singles or start something new. I decided that finishing a yarn was a good thing, so I opted to ply. This is an energized yarn (to say the least) and the colors are cool.

Here is the competed Mountain Meadow yarn:

Mountain Meadow yarn


and a close-up:

Mountain Meadow yarn, close-up


Specs:
Started 7/3/11
Finished 7/5/11
SW Merino-Alpaca top (4.1 oz) from Wolf Creek Wools;
Spun and Navajo-plied on a Lendrum DT folding wheel
Yield: 271 yds, 12 WPI

Tonight I plan on starting a Merino-Tencel (4 oz) from Royale Hare, called Armstrong Woods Redwood. Given that I don't have tons of time on work days, it might take me a few days to finish it.
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...