Friday, July 01, 2011

Welcoming July with an Eye Candy Friday...

...I don't know about you, but I wasn't ready for June to be done yet! I guess I better get the recap together RSN.

We're starting to enjoy the bounty of our fruit trees.

Arctc Jay nectarine:

Arctic Jay Nectarine

Double Delight nectarine:

Double Delight Nectarine

Ripe plum, type unknown:

Ripe plum

Santa Rosa plum:

Santa Rosa Plum

The tomatoes are going a little slow this year because of our strange weather. I hope we get a decent crop!

In the flower area, we're waiting for some Asian lilies to bloom and they are taking their sweet time about it! The hydrangea, on the other hand, is blooming like crazy.

Hydrangeas

Hydrangea color variations

We're not the only ones enjoying them We found this little visitor in the blooms this morning:

Say hello to my little friend

And because no Eye Candy post would be complete without yet-another-unknown-flower (YAUF TM), here is a pretty little yellow flower:

Yellow flower, unknown type

Notice that the stamens are between the rows of petals.

Up this weekend: I want to make good progress on the hand-sewing part of my commissioned quilt. It's supposed to be a hot weekend...not a pleasant time to work on a quilt, but I need to make progress.

Tomorrow is the official start of Tour de Fleece! This is my 5th year of participating and I really enjoy it. I joined only one team this year, the team for our spinning group (Team Spinnity on Ravelry). My goal is to spin every day and get as much done as possible. So that means spinning a lot over the long weekend.

And just maybe I'll get a few rows knitted on my sweater. We'll see.

Happy Canada Day to those who celebrate it! 

And if I don't make it for a Monday post, Happy 4th of July!
.

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

............AGAIN AMAZING!! The things you grow in that yard of yours!! Must be a little paradise out there...how about a "yard pic" sometime???

Hope you have a fun "Fourth"...Marcia is coming up...so ours will be a bit different! Other than that...not so exciting..other than we MIGHT GET RAIN.....YAY...FINALLY.....MONSOON SEASON!!! We need it....hopefully it will cool things down...I've got 12 tomatoes on my plants however ranging from pinky size to about the size of a bit bigger than a golf ball...all green yet...but a zillion flowers...so "should" produce a decent crop...again depending on weather! Talk to you "soon"...but not Monday!

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...