Monday, August 29, 2011

the weekend report...

...yes, we had crafting! A little spinning, a little weaving, a some knitting.

So, I couldn't resist the Bollywood fiber.  I hadn't ever plied with sequins and I'd only plied with beads once. I just had to try it.

I strung the beads and sequins on some gold rayon thread I had leftover from a previous yarn. Then I plied my Bollywood Wedding #1 (red and gold) single with the threaded add-ins.  I didn't use all of the ball, however, so I did a two-ply with the remaining single. Here are both version wound onto my makeshift bobbin:

Spinning Bollywood #3

and here's a close-up of the beaded version:

Spinning Bollywood #3, close up

The butterfly sequins were a challenge--they didn't want to go through the guides and had to be helped along. It will be interesting to see how this weaves up.

I worked on the Mas y Mas shawl. It's coming along slowly.  A couple of the warp yarns are a bit sticky. To open up the shed big enough for the shuttle, I have to use a pick-up stick to keep the shed open in the right place. So it's an extra step for each pass. It's just time-consuming.

I spent a lot of time on the Westknits KAL shawl. After a few errors (requiring lots of tinking), I finally finished clue #3. I'm 3 rows into Clue  #4, but it's taking forever. It's only 10 rows, but they are 10 long rows. I started with 293 stitches on the needle and it continues to increase.  And this is the small size...I'm glad I didn't decide to make one of the larger versions!  I hope I can finish by Thursday!
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...