Friday, September 23, 2011

Eye Candy Friday for the first day of Autumn...

...and it was slim pickings this morning. There is not much left in the garden that I haven't photographed

I found one...a squash blossom:

Squash Blossom

After that, I turned to the sky. The crescent moon was still visible when I started taking pictures:

Clouds at sunrise

There were quite a few clouds this morning. Despite the clouds, it was quite warm today.

September sunrise

Of course, I was in side for most of the day. I spent almost the entire morning at Kaiser, getting my blood drawn (2+ hours!), my routine mammo, and picking up a prescription. I treated myself to a Starbucks venti non-fat latte after that. The bruise on my arm from the blood draw says I deserved it!

Up this weekend: a little quilting, a little knitting, and maybe a little spinning. Id like to
  • Make serious progress on the Tealing Groovy quilt. I think if I put my mind to it, I can at least get the machine quilting done.
  • Knit at least one pattern repeat on the Peacock Pomatomus socks [Ravelry].
  • Spin at least another 2 ounces on the remaining 4 ounces of the Isonzo Merino-Bamboo top [Ravelry] I started back in June. (I always forget how long it takes me to spin 8 ounces of fiber.)
Somewhere in there I need to do a 2 mile walk, too. All of that ought to keep me out of trouble!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...