Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Random Tuesday...

...because Monday just didn't happen, blog-wise.

  • The Tealing Groovy quilt is almost done. I have to finish the binding, snip the loose threads, and finish the ties on the quilt cover. It's not the best quilt I've ever made, but it's a utility quilt and doesn't need to be perfect.
     
  • I'm still working on the first pattern repeat for the Peacock Pomatomus socks. For some reason my yarn-overs are a little pronounce on these socks. It makes them a little lacy, and that's OK.
     
  • No spinning occurred over the weekend. I got so caught up in the quilt, that I just didn't get to it.
     
  • I am resisting starting another shawl. I have the Nefertem pattern [Ravelry] and yarn (Madelinetosh Sock) from the Loopy Ewe Club. The pattern is interesting and the yarn is yummy. Must. Resist.Casting.On.
      
  • I'm totally ignoring the Seaweed Cardigan [Ravelry] right now.
      
  • Totally love my new contacts! My vision is so much better with them. I'm up to 10 hours a day now and I think that will be the maximum for me. That gets me through my entire work day and the commute home.

    And I got test results today from my ophthalmologist...the glaucoma screening was negative. Yay! I just have the developing cataracts to deal with.
      
  • I have one more visit to Kaiser and then I'm all caught up on my routine medical checkups. Yay again!
That's all I've got...
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...