Friday, October 21, 2011

it's still Friday...

...everything's been running late this week, so let's get right to the Eye Candy.

These are Lion's Tail flowers.
A close up of the top:
Lion's Tail flower, close up
A close up of the fully grown flower:

Lion's Tail flower, another view

The fuzzy petals and the size of the flower make them look like orange tarantulas!

And as promised here are a few pictured from Pacific International Quilt Festival (PIQF). (I show one  picture of the quilt and a close-up of the quilting.)

Beyond Beauty by Jan Reed (Audrey Hepburn) and Can You See What I hear by Mickey Biickert:

PIQF 2011 - favorites 1

Garden of Haiti by Susan Shie (could not get the entire quilt in the picture) and Last of the Blueberries by JoAnn Hoffman:

PIQF 2011, favorites 2

The Haiti quilt is covered with handwriting....just amazing!

My spinning stash increased a little in the last week. I received the first Proverbial installment for the 2011-2012 club:
Proverbial Club - October 2011 installmwent

I also scored a Phat Fiber box for October...woo hoo! I'll post pictures of the box contents when I finish taking the pictures.

Up this weekend: well, since it's already here, a big glass of wine was the first thing I did! Honestly, I have nothing planned at all. I have so many projects in the works, I can't decide what to do first.

Maybe a nap would help.
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...