Wednesday, November 30, 2011

last day of November…

…yes, it is a WIP-it Wednesday, but I can't show you my current WIP. It's a Christmas present for my buddy, Jane and has to stay under wraps. Instead, let me show you a finished project.

Here is the completed Zuni: 

Zuni needlepoint

Specs: 
Started: 11/8/2011
Finished: 11/27/11
Design by Susan Portra in an alternate colorway;

This will be the last project I finish for myself until after Christmas. (I'll finish yours, Jane!)

I promised myself not to buy any stash in December. As my last hurrahs so to speak, I purchased some yarn from Blue Moon to use my Sock Club discount that expires soon. And for Small Business Saturday, I purchased 4 skeins of yarn from Purlescence Yarns-2 skeins of Chunky Mochi and 2 skeins of Mini Mochi, both in Caramel Latte.

Chunky Mochi:

Caramel Latte Chunky Mochi

Mini Mochi:

Caramel Latte Mini Mochi
See why I couldn't resist them?

Obviously I spent my Saturday and Sunday shopping and stitching. After Thanksgiving and the day after, all I wanted to do was veg and I did!

Tomorrow is the beginning of the annual Christmas baking. That will consume most of my spare cycles. I still haven't finalized my cookie list, but I'm not too worried about it. The first thing on my list is to buy flour, sugar, butter, and eggs. Smart & Final, here I come!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...