Wednesday, November 02, 2011

WIP-it Wednesday for 11/02...

...I'm trying to finish at least one thing this month before we get to the December Bake-In.

So far, the only project that has held my attention for more than a few minutes is the needlepoint project. Here is the current state of Hopi, a Susan Portra design:

Hopi needlepoint, as of 11/02/11

I really love this colorway!

The eyelets are a little challenging and I really need good lighting to do them.  I have 4 small ones left to do (inside the purple diamonds) and will wait until I have more than 2 brain cells to rub together! In the meantime, I'm working on the corner motifs.

I've found this piece to be so enjoyable, I'm going to do a little stash diving over the weekend to find any other Susan Portra designs I might have kitted and ready to start.  If not, I'll see which threads I need and get an order placed before I finish Hopi.

My knitting and quilting projects have taken a backseat to this piece—they are languishing in their various project bags waiting for their turns. I even missed participating in Socktoberfest this year! Maybe next year...
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...