Friday, December 23, 2011

Rolling into Christmas Eve...

...I started early this morning when the sky looked like this:

Christmas Eve Eve Morning

Today, I finished packing all the cookies, biscotti, breads, nuts, and bark. Here they are before I put them in their bags.
Staged and ready for packing

This represents gifts for 21 people, including the ones I need to mail after Christmas. I also made  a double batch of Chile-Lime Nuts and a batch of fudge.

Tomorrow, I will cut up and box the fudge, but it won't take very long. I need to finish the last few decorations, clean the living room, and clean the kitchen. And then wrap presents.

The Husband's parents are coming for Christmas Eve dinner at 6pm. I'm making Cioppino, our now-traditional Christmas Eve meal. I went to the grocery store for ingredients and wine this afternoon...what a zoo that was! But I got the things I needed and the Husband will go out tomorrow and get the crab and shellfish while I finish up around here.

Running on fumes...
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...