Friday, January 13, 2012

Eye Candy Friday and a contest reminder...

...I'm so glad it's Friday!

Winter is not presenting any appealing garden pictures to take. You can only take so many pictures of dead leaves and paperwhite narcissus. I gave the Husband several packs of flower seeds and bulbs for Christmas. Eventually these will produce flowers to photograph.

This week's eye candy is a picture I took a few weeks back.

Young Collerette Dahlia

I 'm fascinated with these flowers. Their petal arrangement is interesting and the colors are bright and happy.

Up this weekend: Spin-In tomorrow...yay! I need to figure out what munchies to take and which fiber I want to spin.

I also want to start the next needlepoint project. I received my Nordic Needle order yesterday, much sooner than I expected. I now have everything I need for Anasazi. I'm also toying with the idea of making some M&P soap. I haven't made any in months and I think I'd like to make a batch to use in my bathroom.

It should be a nice, crafty weekend!



Contest Reminder!!
Don't forget about my 6th Blogiversary contest! Comment on this post to enter. The winner will be drawn on Friday, 1/20/12.

The prize: Two (2) skeins of Juniper yarn by Alchemy Yarns of Transformation in Autumn Ecstasy. This was a club color for the Loopy Ewe Sock Club. It is SW Merino, fingering weight.

Good luck!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...