Friday, January 27, 2012

Eye Candy Friday, sort of...

...it was too foggy this morning to get decent pictures of anything outside.

I did find the Husband's mini-greenhouse. The tomato seedlings are popping up:

Tomato seedlings

I'm looking forward to lots of yummy tomatoes in the spring and summer.

I realized that I hadn't posted a picture of the January installment of the Proverbial Club from A Verb for Keeping Warm. Here is the Merino-Cashmere fiber in Old Growth:

Old Growth Merino-Cashmere top


It's an indigo-dyed fiber and has some subtle color changes that are not evident in the picture. I'm looking forward to spinning this one to see how the color changes translate in the finished yarn.

Up this weekend: I need to finish the baby blanket because the baby shower is tomorrow afternoon(!). I finished the weaving portion and washed it this morning. It should be dry when I get home tonight so I can cut the fabric and assemble it. I'm going to use white satin blanket binding to finish it off. I love the way the fabric turned out, but I don't love the way I set such a tight deadline for it. Poor planning on my part!

After that's finished, I think I'll swap over to spinning. I have Lake Michigan to ply and the second bobbin of Sedona to spin. I'd like to at least finish one of the yarns. We'll see how far I get!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...