Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Queue-itis comes before Startitis...

...and I have it.

Over the weekend, I reviewed the potential and queued needlepoint/counted canvas projects in my stash. Of course, I wasn't content with just reviewing them, I started pulling threads for them....that's right, them. I found myself kitting and adding several more needlepoint projects to the queue.

While gathering the threads for the various designs, I realized that I don't have all of the fibers necessary for any of the designs I want to do. That order to Nordic Needle for Anasazi that I made last week> It was just to tip of the iceberg.

I wanted to start St. Charles by Susan Portra, but I'm missing several fibers, include one metallic braid. The missing floss is easy to remedy, but the missing metallic might be a challenge. Either I find a reasonable substitute locally or I place another Nordic Needle order.  Here's what I do have:

Gathering colors for St. Charles

Next in the line is Tuzigoot, also by Susan Portra. This one doesn't appeal to me as much because of the curves, but I have most of the special fibers and just need to get floss. Of course, Michael's was completely out of the colors I needed. I'm checking at JoAnn's today.

Gathering colors for Tuzigoot

I do have all of the colors for some other designs in the queue , but they are not calling my name. Either the colors are not appealing or the design is not interesting enough.

Anyway, my needlepoint queue has grown to about 12 projects, which is in addition to the weaving queue, the knitting queue, the spinning queue,... Let's hear it for queue-itis!

I spent most of Saturday putting away all of the Christmas stuff. before I took it down, I managed to get an OK picture of the Star Trek tree. This tree is taller than me and is on the staircase landing, so it's a bit difficult to get it all in one picture.

Star Trek Christmas Tree

Here's a shot of the Borg cube ornament, one of my favorites:

Borg Cube Christmas Ornament

When you press its button, it says "We are the Borg. Enjoy your Holidays. Resistance is futile." Love it!

Because I didn't have a needlepoint project that was ready to start, I decided that spinning might be the thing. On Sunday I finished spinning the singles for Lake Michigan by Miss Babs. I started this at the December Spin-In and haven't touched it since. I'll post pictures of this tomorrow.
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...