Thursday, February 23, 2012

playing catch up...

...the last two weeks + 2 days have been hectic. The blog and a few other things have suffered.  But today marks the beginning of Stitches West and I have today and tomorrow off. Yay!

Even thought the first activity I attend isn't until 5pm tonight, I still like to take the whole day off. I get myself into the right mindset, gather the things I'll need for my class(es), and do a few chores (like laundry so I have something to wear!).

Since I missed WIP-it Wednesday yesterday, here's a short update:
  • I'm knitting the last 16 rows of the Nefertem Shawl. I really hate the "make 9 from 3" stitch in this shawl...very hard on the hands. I know I'll like the overall look, I just don't like the knitting part!
  •  I'm making progress on the Anasazi needlepoint. It's going slowly only because I don't work on it very often. It will make a nice complement to the last two pieces I did.
  • I kind of miss working on socks.  The yarn I received i the Rockin' Sock Club and the Cookie A Sock Club are really tempting. However, I need to resurrect the Peacock Pomatomus socks [Ravelry] and finish them before I can start a new pair. Really. I'll keep telling myself that and maybe it will come true!
 What's up for the next few days: Tonight is the Stitches West Market Preview for students. I'll go a little early to pick up my badge and check out where my class will be.

Friday is a shopping day at Stitches West. I'm also considering going to the Quilt, Craft &Sewing Festival in San Mateo. The only reason I might skip it is because you have to pay for parking in addition to admission...and it's a good 30-40 minutes to get there.

Saturday is class day. The Color and Weave Mini Tote Bag class is an all day class and I'm really looking forward to learning different color effects.

Sunday I'll do the final shopping pass and be there for the drawing at 1pm.

In between my various Stitches West activities, I'll take pictures of my new acquisition, get them uploaded to Ravelry,  and do some knitting or spinning.

Let the crafting begin!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...