Friday, March 16, 2012

Eye Candy Friday...

...so let's get right to it.

I have the greatest husband in the world. Seriously. This man goes out of his way to stock the garden with colorful plants and flowers just so I have something to photograph for Eye Candy Friday. How cool is that!

Here are pictures of some of the new things he's added in the last week. First up, pear tree blossoms:

Pear blossoms

I didn't even know he'd bought a pear tree until he asked me whether I'd taken a picture of it yet! And he knows I love pears... Heart him!

A gold pansy with very pronounced veins:

Pansy with dark veins

A pale yellow pansy with lavender edges:

Pansy with purple edges

Ranunculus:

Yellow Ranunculus

and Shooting Stars (nemesia cheiranthus)

Shooting Stars flowers


Up this weekend: Spin-In tomorrow!  I need to come up with something suitably green to make for St. Pat's day. I could always make scones and lime curd or zucchini bread, but neither choice is compelling at the moment.  Maybe something with pistachios...

Before I leave for Spin-In, I'll  get the corned beef into the crock pot to cook while I'm gone. This is the first time we're trying it in the crock pot, so we'll see how that works. Ever since I bought the new crock pot, we've been using it for many more meals. I love the oval shape, which allows us to put a whole piece of meat or chicken in the pot without having to cut it up to fit. Our round crock pot was a little too small.

When I'm not spinning, I'll continue to work on the Carousel Socks. I've finished the cuff on the first sock and am working on the heel opening. So far so good!
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...