Tuesday, March 20, 2012

a host of golden daffodils...

...if a "host" is two!

Daffodils

This is all that have bloomed so far, but we planted many more. I hope they all bloom!

Spin-In was great, as usual. I ended up making Pistachio-Lime Biscotti. I frosted half with white chocolate and left the other half plain. I hadn't tried this particular combination before and I liked how they turned out. As an added bonus, the Husband took most of the leftover biscotti to his running partner the next day. No biscotti staring me in the face is a good thing!

In honor of the day, I started spinning some Royale Hare top called Muir Woods Moss. It is shades of green that turned out to be a lot more neon vibrant than I expected. I spun 1 bobbin at Spin-In using about 2 ounces and spinning it just as it came out of the braid. I split the other two ounces into smaller strips and spun the second bobbin on Sunday. I'm going to make this a two-ply and hope that the plying will tone down the colors.

I started spinning the second bobbin of Occidental Orchids, also from Royale Hare. I didn't get very far into the bobbin, but at least I made the effort.

I'll post pictures on WIP-it Wednesday of the spinning and the current progress on the Carousel Socks.

Happy Spring!
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...