Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Rainy Tuesday...

...we really need the rain, but it made for a slow drive into work this morning.

I'd forgotten about the time change until Saturday night, so I spent a good deal of Sunday checking and re-checking the time. Sunday flew by so fast!  And then I couldn't get to sleep Sunday night. I was kind of a zombie yesterday.

Over the weekend, I started the Carousel socks using my beautiful skein of Wollmeise. I knit the first 9.5 inches as indicated in the pattern and started questioning my yarn choice. The Husband said it looked like something Tim Burton would create right about the time I was thinking that it looked like something out of "Beetlejuice."  It was not something I wanted in my socks.

Carousel Socks, attempt 1

Fail.

I really wanted to see how this sock construction was going to work. I looked in Ravelry to see what others had chosen for their socks to get some ideas. Then I did another stash dive. The Loopy Club gave me a second option.  One club installments was a skein of Paca-Peds H-T from The Alpaca Yarn Co. It comes with two parts: a variegated skein for the main part of the sock, and a smaller solid skein for the heels and toes. Perfect for this sock pattern!

I started the right sock again and am much happier with this color choice! The name of the color is Touch of Spring, which makes me smile.

Carousel Socks, attempt 2

Win! I love this pattern! It's easy to do and a good travel project.

I'll need to find a pattern for the Wollmeise that will properly show off its colors. This was just not the pattern for that. For now, it's back into the stash for it!
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...