Thursday, April 19, 2012

apparently, I needed a longer break...

...because it's Thursday and I haven't posted yet this week. BY the time I think of posting, it's the end of the day. [sigh]

So in no particular order, here is an update. Warning: Cookie A and Pro-Verbial club spoilers ahead...
  1. Taxes were filed on time, thank goodness!
  2. No needlepoint has occurred. I just didn't feel like working on the piece. Maybe it's because I am uninspired by the color combination in Anasazi.
  3. I'm working on the Carousel Socks [Ravelry] again. Here's what they look like so far:

    Carousel socks as of 4/7/12

    I am working on the left cuff to get it to the same point as the right cuff. Then I will start knitting them two at a time. It's just too slow to do them one at a time.
     
  4. I finished the spinning the singles for Avila Beach [Ravelry]. I't will become a two-ply yarn when I get a chance to ply it.
     
  5. I received my Pro-Verbial Club installment for April. I love the pattern [Ravelry] and adore the fiber:

    Pro-Verbial April 2012 Installment

    The biggest challenge will be to spin 520 yards of a two-ply, high twist yarn from 4 ounces of fiber. Yikes!
     
  6. I received my Cookie A Sock Club April installment. The patterns are cool and I love the yarn color:

    River Styx Sokkusu Original yarn

    The yarn might become something woven instead of socks, but I'm not sure yet.
     
  7. My studio is slowly becoming a reality. We sold 2 pieces of furniture that will not stay in the room. We're trying to sell a u-shaped desk now. There are at least 3 bookcases, 100+ cookbooks, plus lots of cross stitch stuff that still need to go.

    The Husband and I went to Lowe's  and Home Depot to check out flooring options, siding doors, and paint. I think we found some 18x18 vinyl tiles that will work for the floor. I picked up a few paint samples for the walls....I'm thinking a pale sage green.
     
  8. I packed up the rest of The Daughter's things that she left in her room. Her room is now the Husband's office. It already has a nice sized desk in there and he'll need a bookcase. He can probably use one of the bookcases from the other room unless it will take up too much space.
At any rate, that's where I am.
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...