Friday, April 13, 2012

so I took a little blogging break...

...for no particular reason. Easter weekend was busy between Spin-In and Easter brunch.  I just didn't have the energy on Monday or Tuesday to post. Before I knew it, it was Friday and I still hadn't posted anything. While I have been working on our taxes, it has not totally consumed my time. I guess I just needed a break!

Most of today's eye candy comes from a tulip bouquet that the Daughter gave me for Easter. The flowers are now coming to the end of their lives. They have been a colorful reminder of spring during these rainy days.

Here's part of the bouquet:

Easter tulips

A purple tulip taken a couple of days ago:

Purple tulip 1

And the same tulip this morning:

Purple tulip 2

An orange tulip:

Orange tulip

and a pink tulip:

Pink tulip

The lavender has begun to bloom in the front yard, too:

Lavender

This week has not seen any progress on the Carousel socks or my needlepoint. Of course, there was spinning on Saturday. I've done a little reading, but not any more than I normally do. Mostly, I've been cruising Pinterest and flagging ideas for my studio, which is rapidly becoming a reality.

Up this weekend: I need to finish the taxes and eFile them. Then I'll tackle the Daughter's old room. She left behind some of her paperwork and other things that will not fit into her small 1-bedroom apartment. Some items can go into storage, but I need to find a home for the paperwork in the house.

The good news is that most of her stuff is concentrated around her desk. She took most of her clothes and shoes with her. Plus, there are a number of things in her room that will get moved into my studio. I just need to make sure that they are clearly marked!

I need to purge some of my cross stitch stash. I have a 5-drawer filing cabinet full of cross stitch charts and I really only want of keep one drawer of them. We won't even talk about the other cross stitch kits and supplies I have...I hardly cross stitch any more. The supplies are just taking up space at this point. I'd love to sell them or donate them to some charity. I've already donated all of my cross stitch magazines, small kits, and about 100 charts to the local EGA chapter. I don't think they can absorb very much more! I'll take any suggestions!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...