Wednesday, April 25, 2012

WIP-it Wednesday...

...and there are no new WIPs to show. Here's what I've been working on:
  1. Carousel Socks [Ravelry]. I am getting closer to having the left cuff be the same length as the right.
  2. Avila Beach handspun [Ravelry]. I finished plying it, but I'm not completely happy with it. I still struggle with two-ply yarn...I either over-ply it or under-ply it. This time it's under-plied, which is not terrible if I use it as weft. I need to decide whether I'm going to add a little more twist to it before I declare it "done."  I do love the way the colors blended together.
  3. Fabric stash: I'll start working my way through the larger cuts of fabric now that I received my shipment of comic book boards. I read about making mini-bolts using comic book boards in this post in the That Girl...That Quilt blog.

    Amazon had the boards...I ordered 2 packs and they arrived yesterday. Can't wait to try them!
Crafts will be put on hold today, though. It's The Husband's birthday and we are going out to dinner at a restaurant of his choice.  I'm looking forward to that!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...