Friday, May 04, 2012

ending a long week with an Eye Candy Friday...

...it was a very busy work week!  Some long days at work, but I get to take this afternoon off. Yay! So let's do the eye candy first.

A chive flower

Chive Flower

Sage flowers

Sage flowers

Poppies

Poppies

Phacelia grandiflora

Phacelia grandiflora

And a blue flower, type unknown.

Blue flower

Up this weekend: I want to start the cookbook and video tapes purge. Currently, they are taking a a lot of space in my soon-to-be studio. And I can finish the fabric folding project now that I have more comic book boards.

The Husband has made great progress on ripping out the old floor. In addition, he has put two coats of primer and one coat of white paint on the ceiling. The ceiling is a series of beams with paneling in between. He is painting on the paneling and leaving the beams as stained wood.  Even with one coat of primer, it was amazing how much lighter the room looked!

Today he plans on getting the wall paint. I picked a green called Zen Garden (Valspar paint from Lowe's). I think it might be a bit dark; he thinks it's too light. Given that the furniture in the room will be white and beech, I think it will be fine. The white ceiling will offset any darkness.

I've had two long-standing dreams about our house. One is to have a better kitchen, which won't happen for a while because it just costs too much right now. The other is to have all of my craft stuff in one place...my studio.

Things are coming together. It's so cool!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...