Wednesday, May 30, 2012

WIP-it Wednesday, studio style...

...here's a peek at the current chaos in state of the studio. There are boxes and tools everywhere! Only a few things are actually in their final destination.

New track lighting, with one goose-neck fixture that will point toward the future quilt wall:

Track light

 The alcove acting as temporary storage for some of my supplies and resource materials, plus the TV, cable box, etc. Eventually, I will clear the bottom (solid) shelf and use it as a work area.(Yes, it's a mess right now!)

Studio alcove

My Quilter's Dream sewing table and an armoire sit in one corner:

Armoire and sewing table

These storage cube units from Micheal's are probably in their final location:

Craft supply storage

In only WIP news, I worked on my needlepoint project last night for the first time in a couple of weeks. After working on it for a bit, I decided that it's going on a time-out again. I got to the specialty threads section of the design. OMG...I forgot how much I hate the Rachel threads (tubular nylon thread, prone to raveling)! I decided to skip that section for now and move on to the next one. Well, the next thread in line is Neon Rays (narrow, slippery ribbon), another PITA to stitch. Arg! I can move onto the middle of the design, but there are metallics in that section, I guess I just don't have the patience right now for stitching...back to knitting!
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...