Friday, June 15, 2012

Eye Candy Friday again...

...I'm glad that week's done. Not that it was particularly bad or anything. It's just that I'd rather be organizing my studio and getting my house out of the Chaos Zone. More on that later. (Note: Cookie A Sock Club Spoiler below!)

This morning, I picked berries:

This morning's harvest

and a close up:

Marionberries, close up

The Blenheim apricots are turning pink and orange:

Blenheim apricots, 2012

Here's a look at how packed the branches are. No, we didn't thin them...I want as many apricots as I can get!

Blenheim apricots, a closer look

Also, I'm a little behind on showing my yarn acquisitions. I've received two club installments and a co-worker shared some free yarn she received.

Here is the Rockin' Sock Club installment for May:

Rockin' Sock Club, May 2012

The Cookie A Sock Club installment for June, Vintage Icebox from The Plucky Knitter:

Vintage Icebox Primo! yarn, close up

My yarn gift is Punta Handpainted Merino:

Punta Handpainted Merino

Up this weekend: More work on the studio. There is still so much stuff to go through.We still have boxes everywhere and I have yet to empty the closet in my old room. [sigh]

I had a minor set-back yesterday, which I will remedy tonight. I thought I had two of the same size bookcases to use for the base of my work table. As it turned out, one was wider than the other, and it was wider than the table top. Last night, I went back to Target to get another bookcase in the same size. The Mountain View Target only had the black version of the bookcase. I found the light-wood version at the Sunnyvale Target. When I unwrapped it, I realized that the manufacturer had changed the color of the wood...it's darker and warmer now. And totally does not match the older bookcase, except in size. Arg!

Tonight, I'll go back to Target and get another one to match the darker wood. As it turns out, it will look nice to have a darker wood base under the birch table top. And I have a place for the old bookcase along the fabric wall. It will fill in the last empty spot and will almost match the color of the Expedit.

The Daughter and the Husband are going on a hike or something equally outdoorsy for Father's Day. Yes, just the two of them. I'll meet up with them later during the day. It will be good for them to spend time together without me because they don't get to do that very often. It's nice to have Father-Daughter bonding time. :)

Happy Father's Day!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...