Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Look...a WIP!

...and it's an old one at that. I started this last summer as a travel project and only work on it when I remember that I have it:

PIlgrim, spindle 1

I needed a project to take to Craft Night last night that wasn't needlepoint (on a time-out) or knitting (not in the mood). This was perfect! It's paler in real life.

I'm still sorting through all the papers I had tucked away in my sewing room. I decided that I really didn't need to have that many free knitting charts printed out when I have them online. Better to make them PDFs that I can then upload to my iPad.  Between those patterns, the recipes I tore out of magazines (that I'll never make...not that much time in my world!), and many duplicate copies of recipes, I recycled almost a ream of paper.  Now that I'll have a place for all my things, I hope to avoid keeping duplicates.

Tonight, we're going to move a bookcase or two into the studio. We want my stuff out of the Husband's office so he can arrange it the way he wants it.

I'm still trying to figure out a good method to store my spinning fiber. I still like the storage bench idea, but I'm not finding any that meet my criteria: white or birch/maple/beech; bench with a back; does not use baskets or fabric drawers; has a lid that lifts up or doors that open in the front; not too expensive because I want at least two. I can find some without backs, but my dream is to have people come over and craft with me. It's easier to sit on something with a back. I'll just keep looking...
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...