Wednesday, June 20, 2012

quick WIPs...

...that's about all I can handle right now.

I started this little embroidery project on Sunday while I waited for the Husband and Daughter to return form their hike:

Oriental Dragonfly WIP

It's an old Dimensions kit I found in my stash. After working on it for an hour or so, I remembered why I don't do a lot of embroidery (or crewel for that matter). I don't like having to cover those pre-drawn lines and I don't enjoy working on this kind of fabric.  The only saving grace on this project is that it's small and I'm almost done with it.  It will need a really good pressing and then I can put it in its glass frame.

Another kit I found in my stash was a limited edition pillow kit from Pine Mountain Designs called Recipe for Summer. I love their pillow kits! They are usually fun to stitch and after a quick press with the iron, they are ready to go. I have a thing for summer items, so this was a good choice to start last night.

Recipe for Summer WIP

I decided that working on stitching projects was the best use of my craft time for now. With Tour de Fleece from 6/30 through 7/22, followed by Ravelympics from 7/27-8/12, I'll be doing a lot of spinning. Best save up for that!
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...