Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tuesday Studio update...

... lots of invisible progress and some visible progress. The Husband finished installing the threshold yesterday.

New threshold for the studio door

This picture also shows the grids that are on the side sections of the atrium door; you can see the hydrangea behind it.  I'm waiting until he says it's OK to start loading the other side of the room. Soon!

In the meantime, I've been arranging (and rearranging) items in the cabinet drawers and shelves. I've tried 4 different ways to handle my thread, none of which are the ideal arrangement. The last attempt was better that the first 3, so I'll leave it for now. The problem is that the old Coats & Clark spools are different in shape and size from the Gutermann and Mettler spools. And I have many of the smaller Gutermann spools, too.  For some reason, I have about 20 spools of Christmas red. I need to purge those,  because I just have too many. Anyway, I'm going to live with the current arrangement for a while.

I pared down my circular needle and straight needle inventory. I'm going to hang on to the DPNs for now, but may purge some of those later.

I ordered my benches on Sunday. I decided on two 48-inch long benches. They should store a lot of fiber, although not all of it.  I really should either spin or purge some of the fiber, but I really hate to lose any of it!  Something to think about.

In the meantime, I need to stash dive for my Tour de Fleece fiber. It starts Saturday...I'd better hurry up and pick out some fiber!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...