Friday, July 06, 2012

Eye Candy Friday, 7/6...

...let the weekend begin! First, some flowers.

These are growing in our neighbor's front yard:

Watsonia-like flowers

They look like Watsonia, but we're not sure.

In addition to tons of apricots, we have a few roses:

Rose

I like this shade, but it's hard to photograph in the morning sun.

Up this weekend: More spinning for Tour de Fleece! I'd like to finish the Baby Camel-silk blend I've been spinning since day 5. I think it's dyes with some indigo because the dye is coming off (a LOT) on my hands. Not a complaint...that's just the way indigo-dyed fiber rolls. But I would like to spin something else that doesn't do the same thing. I keep forgetting and scratch my nose or rub my face. It's not a good look. :)

I want to take pictures of the fiber I've set aside for the Ravellenic Games. I decided that the fiber I picked for Lafayette is not sparkly enough. I found a fiber that reminded me of Godric, so I'm going to spin that instead.

As for the studio, I'm a little stuck because I have a huge box containing the broken bench in the middle of the room. I can't send it back until I get a label and it's too big to work around. Some of my last organization tasks have to wait for the second bench for its storage area. Then, like dominoes, the rest will fall into place.

One task I can complete is my list of projects to do while I'm on vacation and do a little planning for them. For example,  I have an idea of how to make-over my cloth drawers so they are all the same color. I need to think things through and decide what colors will complement the chair, wall, and trim colors. White is pretty easy, but the Orange (red-orange?) of the chair plus the light sage green of the walls is a bit more challenging!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...