Friday, July 27, 2012

Eye-can't-believe-July's-almost-over Candy Friday...

...time is moving way too fast!

When the husband returned from his vacation to Washington and Oregon, he brought home 3 flowering plants. These plants are pretty sturdy because they survived the drive from Oregon in a car with no air conditioning on one of the hottest days (90+ degrees).

The delphinium was the most affected by the heat.. It looked very sad when he brought it in the house, but it bounced back:

King Arthur Delphinium

The lisianthius is losing a lot of its flowers right now. I'll take more pictures of it if it gets more blooms.

Forever Blue Lisianthius

I like shape and size of the bee balm flowers:

Bee Balm

As I was taking pictures last night, the light was just right to show off the hairy leaves on this plant:

It's getting hairy out there

I received the last installment of the 2011-2012 ProVerbial Club. I love the color of this fiber!

Matador Merino-Cashmere top

I'll have to wait to spin it, though. My first priority is the Ravellenic Games that start today. I decided to start with Jessica:

Goth Chick Merino top

This is Goth Chick, a merino top (4 oz) from The Dyeing Arts. After spinning natural colors for Tour de Fleece, I needed a little zing of color!

Up this weekend: Besides spinning for the Ravellenic Games, I'd like to finally finish the bench cushions. I received notice that my replacement bench is on its way...might as well get its bench cushion ready! I want to decoupage a few more boxes, too.

Of course, I'll be watching some of the Olympic events while I spin!

Go athletes! Go Ravletes!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...