Monday, August 13, 2012

a Ravellenic Games thrill of victory...

...no agony of defeat, but a small agony of the knees and hands! :-)

I plied the Bill Compton handspun at Spin-In on Saturday:

Bill Compton handspun
and the close-up

Bill Compton handspun, close up
Specs:
Started 8/9/12;
Finished 8/11/12;
Falkland (4.0 oz) in Smoke and Mirrors 1 from The Yarn Wench;
115.4 yds chain-ply, 10 WPI 

I finished the Sookie handspun singles on Saturday, let them rest for a couple of hours and then started plying> I finished plying it on Sunday, 2.74 hours before the deadline!

Sookie handspun
ad the close-up:

Sookie handspun, close up
Specs:
Started 8/9/12;
Finished 8/12/12;
Mother of Pearl (4 oz) SW Merino from The Dyeing Arts;
150.75 yds, chain-plied; 12 WPI;

The totals for the Ravellenic Games:
  • 7 yarns
  • 6 chain-ply; 1 two-ply
  • 1099.95 yards,
  • WPI range from 10 to 14
Here's the whole set:

Ravellenic Games 2012, Finish Line
Not quite sure what to do next! After spinning for Tour de Fleece and then the Ravellenic Games, it feels strange not to be spinning. I know I need to rest my hands and knees for a few days, but I need to do something!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...