Friday, August 03, 2012

Finished Object Friday...

...that hasn't happened in a while!

I finished plying the Godric handspun:

Godric handspun

and a close up:

Godric handspun, close up

Specs:
Started 7/29/12
Finished 8/2/12
Falkland (4.0 oz) in Sunglow from The Yarn Wench
221.5 yds. 2-ply; 14 WPI
For: Handspun Heptathlon, Team True Blood, Ravellenic Games 2012

I immediately started the Eric handspun, yarn number 3 of 7 for the Handspun Heptathlon. I think I'll limit how much I spin tonight to give my knee and hip a breather.

Eye Candy Friday is a bit sparse today. There weren't many flowers in bloom this morning and it was too overcast to get a decent sky pictures. Here's what I found in one of our hanging baskets:

Bright colors

Of course, the Husband couldn't remember the name of the flower and there was no tag. [sigh]

Up this weekend: The Husband is working on my countertop and sink. If he doesn't finish it today, I'm sure he will finish over the weekend. We need to assemble my replacement bench. I hope this one is intact and has no glaring defects.

When the sink is done, we'll reassemble my work table, which was moved so J would have enough room to work on the countertop, etc. Target has some bar stools on sale that might work well with the work table. I need to go check them out.

I need to do more decoupage--I'm getting bored with this project because it's taking so long. However, I know it will look better when I'm done, so I need to push through it.

When I'm not working on that, I'll be spinning. I have to step up my game..I have 5 yarns to finish by the end of the Olympics!  I better take some more naproxen and get a move on!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...