Friday, September 28, 2012

Eye candy and F.O. Friday...

...catching up for the week..I hope to get back on schedule next week. This post is picture heavy and word light. :)

First the eye candy. We have zinnias:

More zinnias

a few dianthus:




and a double hibiscus:


I plied three yarns before my surgery. It felt good to get them done!

Lupines and Poppies merino (the second skein):


and the close-up

Lupines and Poppies handspun, close up

Specs:
100% Merino top, approx,2.2 oz  from the Yarn Wench;
Started 9/17/12;
Finished 9/23/12;
128.42 yds, 12 WPI
(Second skein from this top)

Black Alpaca-Silk:


and the close-up:


Specs:
80% Alpaca/20% Silk (4oz) by Ashland Bay;
Started 7/14/12;
Finished 9/23/12;
113.5 yards, 12 WPI

And Peacock corriedale:


and the close-up:


Specs:
Peacock Corriedale (4oz) by Spunky Eclectic;
Started ?;
Finished 9/23/12;
308.94 yds, 17 WPI

Up this weekend: No specific plans. (I know, how unusual!)  I'm just happy to be able to see and drive again!  Have a good one!
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...