Friday, October 19, 2012

it's finally Eye Candy Friday...

...this week seemed to have dragged! Maybe it's because I'm counting down the days until I can get a new prescription for my glasses. Or because every time I turn around there's something new I discover that I need to update.  At any rate, TGIF!

Today's eye candy comes from Pacific International Quilt Festival. I concentrated on detail pictures rather than whole quilt pictures. One reason was that it was hard to get whole quilt pictures with so many people milling about. Another reason is that I need a bit more practice!

First up, a quilt made by a friend and former co-worker, Radial Sonnet by Randa Mulford:

Radial Sonnet

a medallion close up:

Radial Sonnet, detail

and detail of one of the corner circles.

Radial Sonnet, corner detail

I loved this mermaid quilt, Mermaid Magic by Donna Blum:

Mermaid Magic

and face detail:

Mermaid Magic, face detail

I was intrigued by this quilt, The Dead Sea by Gisha Wogier from Israel:

The Dead Sea

and a water detail:

The Dead Sea, detail

There were many more that I won't include here. Go to my Flickr Set, PIQF to see more from this year and others from 2009 and 2011.

Up this weekend: I need to make a trip to Home Depot to see whether I can find a replacement light bulb for the pendant light that croaked a couple of weeks ago. Or I just may get a replacement pendant to match the other one in the studio.  I also want to look at rugs. While I don't expect to find my style there, it doesn't hurt to look while I'm there.

I'd love to finish machine-quilting the Jungle Songs quilt, but it might take me longer than I anticipate. I have a lot of fussy quilting in the larger squares and the middle panel. I won't know until I get in there.

Oh, yeah and some errands, some housework, some knitting, some...
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...