Wednesday, October 24, 2012

WIP-it Wednesday, blog and run...

...as I've spent most of the day getting my glasses instead of working.

First I went to Kaiser for my post-cataract-surgery optometrist visit. I'm happy to report that my eye has recovered nicely from surgery and I've been cleared for contact lenses. However, the optometrist thinks that I might want to do surgery on my left eye within a few months as it's not good.

Since Kaiser could not make my glasses today, it was off to Lenscrafters. I hadn't planned on going back to them, but they are one of the few places around here that can make glasses quickly.  Quick is relative, however. It takes so long to get through their process and their computer system is very slow. And I had to convince them that I didn't want their super-duper lenses that work great, but can't be done in less than 5 days.   I haven't been able to see well for too long...I wanted the new glasses today!

My new glasses are awesome! I can read street signs again and I don't feel like I'm a danger on the road. LOL! They are progressives, but the  jury is still out as to whether they'll work while I'm on the computer. I can read with them, but the middle correction is a little challenging.

Anyway, WIP-wise, my active WIPs are the Recipe for Summer cross stitch piece, the Peacock Pomatomus socks, and the Jungle Songs quilt. I'm pretty bored with the first two, but I need to get them done so I can work on something else!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...