Wednesday, October 03, 2012

WIP-it Wednesday...

...in which there are actually WIP pictures!

Now that my eye is doing it's healing thing, I'm ready to attack a few projects that have fallen by the wayside.

The Recipe for Summer went into hibernation when I couldn't see well enough to stitch. I started working on it again at Craft Night last night.

Recipe for Summer, as of 10/2/12

Yeah, I know it's not summer anymore. However, this is a good project to get my hand back into stitching. When I've finished it, I can resurrect Anasazi (Susan Portra needlepoint) and seriously work on the Mediterranean Mermaid cross stitch by Mirabilia.

I'm looking forward to knitting again. Although I have to admit, none of my current WIPs are calling my name. Instead, I started a new shawl. LOL! This is Calaeno by Romi. I bought the pattern and yarn from A Verb For Keeping Warm at Stitches West this year.

Celaeno Shawl WIP

This project will cycle in and out of rotation as I work on some other WIPs.

I have a few spinning WIPs to finish up. No pictures of these yet:
  1. Second half of Isonzo by Creatively Dyed (originally 8oz) [Ravelry]
    I have spun the second bobbin of this fiber and it's ready to ply. I'm still trying to find the first bobbin in my stash somewhere. It is currently hiding. 
  2. Second half of Chocolate-Covered Raspberries by Creatively Dyed (originally 8oz) [Ravelry]
    I have about 1.5 ounces left of 4 ounces. The first half was spun and plied 3 years ago. It's time to put this puppy to bed!
  3. Royale top, 2 oz (Merino-Yak-Silk) top from A Verb for Keeping Warm [Ravelry]
    I've been spindle spinning this top. I think it's time to move it to the wheel so I can finish it.
  4. Heather by Chasing Rainbows - 2 oz Merino-Bombyx and 2oz Merino
    This has been exiled for at least 3 years. Time to put this one to bed, too!
As for the studio, the Husband is trying to finish up the last few vinyl tile fixes. I still need to find some area rugs for it and I'd love to have a hanging light over the work table. Unfortunately, the track lighting does not extend over my work table, so we'll need to be creative with the lighting.  At this point, a floor lamp sounds like a better option than the Husband's "I'll just remove this paneling and drill a hole for the light and install an electrical box for it."  Right. And I still do not have the switch changed out that he promised a month ago and the fan switch that I asked him to fix in July is still hanging out of the wall.

I'll use a floor lamp. :)
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...