Friday, November 02, 2012

um, where did that week go?

...it's Eye Candy Friday again and I haven't posted since last Friday. And, it's now November! WTH! It's not even worth offering excuses, so let's just get on with it.

The Husband and I decided to replace the hydrangea bush in the courtyard because it was simply did not like where it was planted. The courtyard gets a lot more sun than the hydrangea wants. We replaced it with a bougainvillea, which we will train to spread out rather than up so it does not block my studio window.

The color is pretty intense right now, but it makes me happy!

Bougainvillea

Close up:

Petals and Leaves

He also planted a bowl of chrysanthemums that sits on the other side of the studio door:

Pink chrysanthemums

Since I missed WIP-it Wednesday, here's a look at one of my current WIPs:

Summer Recipe, as of 10/30/12

and another WIP that has gone back into hibernation.

Pomatomus socks, as of 10/28/12

I love the yarn and I like the pattern, but I keep falling asleep in the middle of a row! These socks might be destined for the frog pond. I haven't decided yet.

Up this weekend: The Husband's parents are having a small family gathering. J's aunt (from Boston) and his sister (from New Orleans) are in town, so it should be a nice visit.  That will pretty much take care of Saturday. Sunday will be full of errands and I hope some crafting. I'd really like to finish quilting Jungle Songs, but I don;t think I'll have enough time this weekend to do so.

Now that we're in November, I have one month to finish up some WIPs before I go into cookie mode in December.

Guess I better craft faster!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...