Wednesday, November 07, 2012

WIP-it Wednesday...

...where I confess to having a new WIP. (oops)

I have been wanting to knit a cowl for quite some time. I just never found a pattern that appealed to me. Well, I found one last week, and I had the yarn in my stash!  I cast on during the drive to The Husband's parents on Saturday and knit the ribbing while I chatted with the family.

I took it to Craft Night last night as I didn't feel like working on the cross stitch. Here's what it looks like for now:

Botanical Midnight cowl
Specs:
Started 11/3/12;  [Ravelry]
Pattern: Botanical Cowl by Megan Goodacre;
Yarn: Midnight Derby Smooshy by Dream In Color

"For now" meaning that I am going to rip back to the eyelet row and knit it again. I'm not happy with the way that the yarn-overs look. It looks like there is an extra stitch in each hole, which is not true. According to another Raveler, I should snug up the K2tog that follows the YO2 to take up some of the slack. Someone else suggested either KTB and PTB when I knit the YOs. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what to do. I hope these two suggestions help.

I'm going to try hard not to start another new project, even though start-itis nagging me to. I already have more than enough WIPs!  :)
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...