Friday, December 14, 2012

Eye-can't-believe-Christmas-is-in-11-days Candy Friday...

...and I only have 6 more days of work for the year!  I'm behind on decorating and baking. And the Husband and Daughter haven't given me their wish lists yet either, so I'm behind on shopping, too!  ACK!!!!

OK...got that out of my system now. 

Today's Eye Candy is brought to you by the color orange:

This morning's sunrise:

Sunrise 12/14/2012

And because there are no flowers to photograph and I've already shown you most of the cookies, how about a persimmon?

Persimmon

My friend Linda brought over some persimmons to share. I'm not sure what to make with them yet, but they need to get used soon. Maybe some cookies since I'm already in cookie mode? Hmmm...

Speaking of which, I baked 118 Mexican Wedding Cookies Wednesday night. This was the last chilled dough I had in the refrigerator, so it was pretty easy to get them going.  That upped the total cookie output to 618. I also made 12 cups of the Grand Marnier Pecans. I need to make a lot more sugared nuts, but they are a stove-top item so I can make a batch at the same time as cookies are baking. Yes, I can multitask in the kitchen!

Up this weekend: For baking, I need to make the spritz cookies and the biscotti. I need to decorate the sugar cookies and put chocolate on the biscotti. I need to make the Amaretto-Cinnamon Nuts, the chocolate bark, and the fudge.  In between, I'll keep trying to finish the decorating.

Somewhere in there, I'll need some sleep. Crafting? Probably not going to happen this weekend. :( It will have to wait until after Christmas.
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...