Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

...while we are waiting for Christmas to start (read: waiting for the Daughter to arrive), I'm taking the opportunity to post.

Christmas Eve dinner went very well...the cioppino was delicious, the dessert worked, and the company was wonderful.

For dessert, I made the Pomegranate and Cocount Panna Cotta I found on Pinterest. I garnished it with toasted coconut and pomegranate seeds. It looked festive!

Pomegranate and Coconut Panna Cotta #2

I'd like a little more coconut flavor in the panna cotta itself, so I might add some shredded coconut to it the next time.

After every one left, the Husband and I watched a little TV before going to bed.

Watching the Yule Log and waiting for Santa

This morning there is a threat of rain, so there are a lot of clouds.

Christmas morning 2012

We have the unexpected gift of staying home on Christmas Day, so things are moving at a slow pace. It's nice to be able to relax and not have to rush around to leave by 11am!  I'm making a Chile Relleno casserole with fresh guacamole and my grandma's chocolate atole (more like a champurrado).  I actually get to make a Christmas dinner, too! There's tri tip for that with smashed sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts. Yummy!

Christmas tree 2012

From my house to yours, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...