Wednesday, December 19, 2012

WIP-it Wednesday...

...in which most of my WIPs are from the kitchen.

Yeah, I missed Monday and Tuesday...not a lot of time to post right now.  Between trying to wrap things up for the year at work and the Christmas madness in the kitchen, I've been going non-stop.

Christmas WIPs:
  1. Finish the Chile-Chocolate Truffles. They need to be formed into balls and rolled in cocoa powder
  2. Finish the snowflake cookies. They need luster dust and edible glitter (tonight's task)
  3. Wrap and assemble the goodie bags for the people at work (6) and deliver on Friday, 12/21
  4. Bake one more cookie if there's time using a new recipe. Maybe a revamp (or new recipe) of the Green Tea cookie or the Churro cookie recipe I saw in Pinterest.
  5. Bake one more batch of biscotti, probably Grand Marnier orange
  6. Wrap and assemble the goodie bags for Christmas delivery (15)
  7. Package and mail the goodie boxes for mailing after Christmas (9) (These never get out until later because I never have time to go to the post office before Christmas.)
  8. Finish decorating. My Star Trek Tree isn't up and I haven't put up the lighted garlands yet. My daughter's annual Christmas bells need to be set up, too.
  9. Finish getting stocking stuffers. Running way behind on these...
  10. Wrap Christmas presents.
  11. Disassemble the Christmas baking set up in the kitchen (2 extra tables, all my cookie sheets and racks are out).
  12. Clean the house and get ready for Christmas Eve cioppino with the Husband's parents and the Daughter!
It's a bunch, I know, but I've finished a lot. So, who's up for a tally?
  • Cookies, 10 varieties including the failed green tea cookies: 753
  • Biscotti, 7 varieties: 540
  • Sugared nuts, 2 varieties: 5.7 pounds (about 26 cups)
  • Fruitcakes: 24 mini-bundt
  • Pumpkin bread: 19 mini-loaves
  • Lemon bread: 8 mini-loaves
  • Chocolate bark, 3 varieties: 9.6 pounds
  • Macadamia Lime fudge: 1 pound
Here's a sample of a new cookie I tried, a dark chocolate sugar cookie:

Cactus cookie


I love the way this turned out. I wish I'd cut out more cactus ones. Next year!

I'm beginning to see some light at the end of the tunnel...
.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...