Friday, January 25, 2013

Anniversary Eye Candy Friday...

...it's our 27th wedding anniversary and our 32nd year together.  The Husband brought flowers to my office this morning, which was very sweet.  Unfortunately, I can't get a decent picture of the complete arrangement in here so I'll try to to that at home tomorrow. I did get a few macro pictures though.

The vase is very cool--it looks like 3 bud vases that were melded together. in the left container are two gerbera daisies:

Gerbera Daisies

In the center is some heather with a red bow:

Heather and a rose

and on the right are two red roses:

Rose

It's a very unique vase that I'll probably keep in my studio because it looks artistic. (LOL!)

Up this weekend: We are going out to dinner tonight to celebrate our anniversary. We are going to Cascal, a tapas restaurant in downtown Mountain View. There will be sangria and flan involved...

Other than that, I have no specific plans. We wanted to go to Monterey Bay Aquarium to see the jellies, but my toe is still very unhappy. The Daughter has been coaching me on how to tape my toe and treat it while it heals. Unfortunately, the tape is making the toe even more cranky and wearing shoes makes it even more so. My foot seems happiest when I'm in stocking feet, which is not really acceptable in public venues. We'll have to wait a bit.

I am very behind on photographing fiber and yarn acquisitions, so that's something I should put on my list for the weekend. That's not to say that I bought a lot of yarn or fiber, but I know I have at least 2 Cookie A sock club yarns and at least 2 ProVerbial club fibers that need pictures. And I did buy some yearn the other day that needs pictures.  I had to use a gift certificate to Purlescence Yarns and I showed great restraint by only buying yarn and needles for a new project.

Which new project, you might ask?  Celestarium from the Twist Collective site [Ravelry]. I love that it reflects an accurate view of the night sky using yarn-overs and beads. During my first 2 years of high school, we lived on the California coast (Gorda, CA).  I used to spend hours looking at the stars and trying to identify all of the constellations I saw. There was something soothing about the night sky. This shawl reminds me of those night skies. Of course, the colors I picked are more blue than the night skies of my memories, but I really didn't want to knit this in black.

I'm checking my bead stash to see if I already have the correct size beads for the project. Until I have the beads in hand, I won't even think about starting this project. Once I start, I know it's going to be hard to work on anything else!

Must.keep.working.on.WIPs...
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...