Friday, January 04, 2013

first Eye Candy Friday for 2013...

...and there are few things blooming at the moment. My default is the sunrise:

Sunrise 1/4/13

There is one silly rose bush that thinks these chilly mornings are perfect to bloom in, but even it's giving up the ghost. Frost is not its friend! The paperwhite narcissus are going strong, but they are hard to photograph in the early morning light.

The lavender seems to be doing well:

Lavender morning

Up this weekend: Finish deconstructing Christmas. I want to get the tree out of the living room and put the furniture back where it belongs before the Husband takes off for a mini-vacation. While I can move it by myself, it's faster with the two of us.

The other big thing I want to do is get my kitchen back to its normal configuration. I still have it partially in Christmas baking mode. I need to put all the leftover supplies away and remove the remaining extra table.

After that, it's craft time! I want to go through my WIPs and pick the top three to work on. the three will probably include the fingerless mitts that I've been knitting (halfheartedly) and a cross stitch UFO that has been ignored for a few years.

Tomorrow is my 7th Blogiversary. I'm trying to decide whether I should host a contest or not...guess you'll find out in a day or so!
.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...