Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Happy 2013 and WIP-it Wednesday,..

...first post of the year and first day of work for the year.  I wasn't ready to go back to work yet, but what can you do? I have to earn the $$ for more craft stuff somehow!

I finally got a somewhat decent picture of the Going Snow Global top:

Going Snow Global quilt top

I also pieced the backing fabric for it. All that is left is to make the quilt sandwich and machine quilt it....later. I'm out of quilting mode for now, so I've put this away.

I managed to squeeze in a final finished object by the end of 2012. Here is Natural Dyes Wild Card handspun:

Natural Dyes Wild Card Handspun

and a close up:

Natural Dyes Wild Card handspun, close up

Specs:
Started: 6/5/10;
Finished: 12/31/12;
Natural Dyes Wild Card #4968 batts from The Yarn Wench
169.3 yds singles (energized); bulky

I found this to be a difficult spin on my hands, which is why I went with a single. I don't know if it's because my hands were way overworked from all the baking or what, but I just wanted to get this one done quickly. I will probably use this in a weaving I plan on doing of all the natural colored handspun I've done recently.

My biggest current WIP is deconstructing Christmas. I'm in the process of packing up the decorations so we can get the tree out of the house. When I've finished that, I'll survey my WIPs and decide which ones will bubble to the surface.

Oh, and I owe you a December recap and a 2012 recap. The year-end recap should be interesting. I'm not sure whether the extra spinning I did during the summer made up for the time when I couldn't knit or stitch because my sight was so bad.
.

 

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...